Saturday, November 29, 2008

Santa's watching

Recently Alexis has been a bit on the grumpy side, I am not sure if she can feel the tension in the air from all of the holiday shoppers or if the anticipation of her baby sister is just too much. I decided last week after talking with my sister-in-law that I would pull out a very useful mom tool.I told her that Santa is watching and if she wants him to bring her presents she needs to be very well behaved. After about a week of this I realized that my mother and people before her that have used this trick are pure geniuses! It has really worked like a charm, and is a simple enough concept for even my two year old to understand! When things are a little on the crazy side, a quick reminder that Santa is watching whips her right back into my cute, sweet, little girl. I realized that the concept was working quite better than I had noticed, last night when Tim ask her "Alexis were you a good girl today?" she promptly replied "Yes dad, Santa will bring me presents this year". The satisfied look and twinkle in her eye was wonderful. The holidays are the best time of year!

4 comments:

Annie said...

AMEN sista!

Anonymous said...

I love that girl !!

Three Peas said...

I have made an official mental note. Thanks for the great tips! :)

Tammy said...

Yes, Santa will bring her presents this year. Hey, I heard of another wonderful tool also. The web site is called The House Fairy. You should check it out. My friend uses it and it works like a charm on her 5 and 9 year old. She teaches manners and all kinds of things including cleaning up their room. Check it out.