Wednesday, November 19, 2008

little amusements

Isn't it wonderful how children have the ability to be amused by small things? I myself am very happy that Lexi doesn't get bored easily. She has a very vivid imagination and no matter how many times Dora and the snow princess or Sky High come on we have to watch it every time! I honestly believe that with repetition she enjoys her "repeats" more than the first time. Despite all of the activities and cartoons that she looks forward to each day she, more than anything, cannot wait for her favorite song to come on the radio.

Unfortunately she has inherited one of my many odd traits, I really have an unreal obsession with planning out my day, spontaneity rarely enters my day and when it does I am very thrown off. I am hoping she grows out of this. Luckily for both of us her favorite song happens to be the theme song on one of our local radio stations 92.5 the wolf. The theme song is "We got it going on" by Bon Jovi. Everyday at 5 as we make our journey home the song does come on. Since our trip home is fairly similar each day, we will pass a certain part of the interstate and if her song isn't on yet she will remind me that I need to make sure to listen to her favorite song.

This is honestly by far the best part of my day, she will ask me to turn it up and will sing all of the words. Most of them are incorrect which make it just that much better for me. In my opinion her lyrics are much better.

She sings along:
"is there any body out there looking for a part-a, shake it up baby hum hum you got it-t. We just want to have some fun n u don't wanna miss it hum hum hum biss hiss.
We got it going on will be sangin n sangin just like a ROARing stone we are gonna shake it and hum hum your BONES
You gotta kick it to kick I wanna here your scream now because hum hum hum hum HAIR Down
YEah YEah Yeah."
She will then finish the song by humming clapping and dancing usually with a very impressive head bob to the beat.
For those of you who don't know the song I have placed the actual lyrics below. Yet another wonderful day of little amusements!



"We Got It Going On" by Bon Jovi featuring Big and Rich

Is there anybody out there looking for a party? Yeah!!Shake your money maker, baby smoke it if you got it.We just wanna have some fun if you don't wanna kiss this Everybody raise your hands come on I need a witness.We Got It Goin' OnWe'll be banging and singing just like the rolling stonesWe're gonna shake up your sole, we're gonna rattle your bones'Cause We Got It Goin' On.Ah ha ha. Ah ha ha. Yeah Yeah. Ah ha.You got a ticket to kick it, I wanna hear you scream now.'Cause tonight you got the right to let your hair down.Everybody's getting down, we're getting down to businessInsane, freak train, you don't wanna miss this.

6 comments:

Three Peas said...

I can't wait to see her and hear all the funny things she says! What a trip.

Annie said...

She's a hoot! Can she ride in my car?

Jessica said...

it should be great! We cannot wait either and so far the dr gave the go-ahead so lets pray things stay normal for atleast another 5 wks!

Tammy said...

HA HA!! I'VE GOT TO SEE THIS!

Tammy said...

Ok, I wrote that 3 times and didn't see it. Then I read the part where it says your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval! You have permission to only publish it ONE time!

Jessica said...

Sorry still trying to figure out my own site