Friday, November 21, 2008

Are you having a bad day mom?

Why is it that everything always happens at once? This has been a very eventful week for me...

Here is some background info to help set my story up right!

In the spring Tim and I traded in our Jeep for my dream car. A beautiful blue/green BMW! After this we found out I was pregnant and I began to rethink my car choice. After much discussion we decided that it was a wonderful car and that we got a great deal on it, so we are going to keep it. A few months later by some fluke, one of the brakes went out(yes just one the back right to be exact). I was very bummed especially because even to replace just one break is outrageous! We then decided that since Tim was working from home my poor car could sit in it's parking space until after the holidays and we could make due with one vehicle.

It was working wonderful, until on Wednesday, Tim picked me up from work and we made our way to go and get Alexis from Daycare. Just as we pull into the subdivision the truck will not turn and starts to smoke, it then makes a very strange noise that reminded me of a rocket ship when preparing for take-off. Tim did manage to pull the car over to the side and take a look. An hour later a tow-truck came to pick it up and offered to take it to the shop. We finally got home and found out that the truck would be finished the next day. This was a huge relief since we are now down to NO cars!

My wonderful sister offered to take me to work the next morning, and drop lex off at daycare, then pick me up from work, and pick lex up, and drop us off at the shop. (that was a lot of ands)
She really saved the day! We finally got to the truck (after Tim had called twice to make sure that it was finished) and what do you know it will not be done for at least another hour! Oh my goodness I cannot wait in a repair shop for an hour with my 2 year old...after all things considered I decided it would be best for my sister to just take us home and we would have to come and get it later that evening.

On a side note by some hormonal side effect of pregnancy I have been experiencing unusually frequent and painful migraines.

On the way back home Lexi was being her normal giggly, squeally girl. Some times her shrills of laughter are so high that I am sure the dogs in the cars next to us think she is calling them. As I am sitting there very frustrated that I now have to figure out another way to get to the shop later, which is about 15 miles from our house, and I feel another horrible migraine coming.
I ask Lexi to
"Please keep it down honey, mommy has a headache"
She replies
"You sure are grouchy honey" "I was just playing"
a few minutes later after my sister and I have a good laugh she says
"Could you please keep it down, I have a headache and its freaking me out!"
sometimes I wonder where she hears this stuff from
LOL only my wonderful daughter could make me feel so much better in a bad situation.

Needless to say everything worked out just fine the truck is back and all is well! But thank god for my little girl to always put a smile on my face. :)

3 comments:

Annie said...

Oh my gosh, I totally laughed out loud on this one! I SO love her!! I'm really really sorry about your cars. In our family, when a car or a computer break down, our life stops dead.

Jessica said...

lol, really if it had to happen it couldn't have been a better time

Three Peas said...

Hahahaha She called you "honey". That's awesome. I love how she seems completely convinced that she's one of the adults. :)