Saturday, November 22, 2008

Funny little Lexi moments

As I have said before, I really have to be careful what I say in front of Alexis. In the past my words have gotten me into trouble. So last night when Lexi ask me
"Mom what is your Black name?"
My first thought was oh my goodness what did I say that could have possibly given my child the idea that people have a "black name". After thinking a few moments I realized that there was nothing that I had said that could have made Lexi think this so I ask
"Lexi what is your Black name?" she replied "my black name is Blais mom" with this very confused look on her face. A huge wave of relief came over me when I realized that she was not speaking of her "black name" but her "last name". In recent weeks Tim and I have been teaching her about first and last names. Needless to say she was very pleased to know that we all share the same "Last Name"

1 comment:

Annie said...

Eek! That was a close one :)