Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Red Light, Green Light

Lexi's new favorite game in the car is to tell me when I can go at the light.

Any time a light turns red and we stop she will say
"Tell me when it turns green OK" really meaning "Mom when it turns green I will let you know to go"
I will then reply
"Lexi are you going to tell me when the light turns green" She will then look at me with her very Lexi expression that says
"duh mom that's what I just told you"

We will both patiently wait (sometimes a little longer than normal, if she doesn't see it right away) until the light turns green. She will then squeal and scream "it turned green, it turned green we meed to go" (she usually says meed instead of need which I think is adorable but do correct her)

After she is most satisfied she will then say
"Tell me when it turns yellow OK"

It certainly does make the car ride home more fun!

2 comments:

Three Peas said...

Oh my gosh, sadly, this reminds me of a lady we used to bring to church every Sunday who had alzheimer's. Every time the light turned green, she'd announce, "Okie dokie! It's an okie dokie!" Mom tried to hit the gas the moment it turned green so that she wouldn't say it (at my request, since there were a dozen lights between our house and the chapel) but this lady was FAST. I should have been more patient... :(

Jessica said...

lol