Monday, November 17, 2008

Inside the mind of a two and a half year old

Sometimes I wonder why Alexis has a better memory than I do. Lately I have to be very careful on how I react to some of the things she says to me, or she will use my own words against me in the future. Most recently we have been trying to teach her not to interrupt us when having a conversation and that it is polite to wait until the conversation is finished before she starts a new one.

The best way that I thought to put it was by telling her:
"Lexi when mom and dad are talking you need to be patient and wait until we are finished"
I thought that this was very clever on my part, especially because she wasn't interrupting as much and lets face it in the mind of a two year old it is very hard to be patient. However, my method has backfired and now little Lexi thinks that if she should have to be patient so should mom and dad...

Like when I ask her to help me pick up her toys...the response I got was:
"Be patient mom I am busy and you will have to wait" she finished with a huge huff as if to say "Come on mom can't you see that I was about to sing the Mail Time song with Steve on Blue's Clues"

2 comments:

Three Peas said...

WOW. hahahaha She seriously kills me. Can't wait to see you all at Christmas!

Annie said...

Oh man! I think you're right. Aria and Alexis will get along just fine :)