Monday, March 8, 2010

My new bank...from Lexi

So for Alexis we reward her with stickers on a chart, and when she gets a row of ten she gets a dollar, and she also gets a trip to Boondocks when she completes an entire chart (60 stickers). With the recent holidays and birthday she has obtained some serious cash flow and she has also completed a couple of rows on her chart to earn a few extra dollars. I suggested that she could either spend the money or we could open up a bank account for her where she can take her money to the bank and they can hold it for her until she decides where to spend it. She was very excited about this idea. When Tim got home from work later that evening they had this conversation:

Lex: "Hey dad, are you a good builder...and like can build lots of stuff?"

Tim: "Yes, I am a pretty good builder"

Lex: "And dad are my friends at your work (Tim has some co-workers that Lexi adores) good builders and painters?"

Tim: "I bet they can paint and build yes"

Lex: "Well do you think that they can come over tomorrow and help us build and paint?"

Tim: "What are you planning to build and paint tomorrow?"

Lex: "Well mom said that I can have my very own bank, but I need some one to build it and paint it so they will keep my money safe until I am ready to buy something"

Needless to say I spent the next few days trying to explain the difference between a bank account and a bank...I am not sure if she understands yet, but for now she has decided to forgo the bank account and keep her money in her wallet and her change in her piggy bank.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Ha! So funny! I TOTALLY love that girly :) So clever!