Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thoughts by Jess

So today I was reading an article titled "Teach your kids to break the rules" it was on msn and really wonderful, here is the link for those who are interested:

http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-life/family-parenting/article.aspx?cp-documentid=16949831

I began thinking, Lexi has been many times pegged as a 'bully' however as bad as it sounds I do tell her it is wrong but I don't really punish her for it...my thought in this process is that I would much rather have her know how to stick up for herself than be bullied. This is really awful but it is truly how I feel. I also think that if she was really being horrible to other kids she would be in huge trouble (or as much trouble and punishment as I can give my three year old).
In the article I was reading it goes on to talk about teaching your children to question things and think as an individual instead of 'running with the herd'. Although my daughter is thick-headed and stubborn I am very thankful that she does think for herself...maybe some day I will teach her to pee in the woods.

No comments: