Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's my birthday...In January

Today for lunch Alexis and I joined my family at Bennihanas. Since my family is so huge the waitress ask "is it a birthday?" For those of you who have not been to Bennihana's it is an Asian hibachi grill (typically the staff is very authentic complete with heavy Asian accent). My mother of course says "Oh yes" and giggles. Lexi then yells "It's my birthday" then with a delay also states "in January". We finish with lunch and sure enough the entire staff comes out with ice cream and all to sing her happy birthday. It becomes apparent to me at this point that they didn't hear the January part of her little speach. Lexi at this point is looking around to see who they are singing to, knowing that it isn't her birthday. She is very excited to see the orange sherbet ice cream, and quickly forgets the confusion about the birthday. Oh well free ice cream!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY LEX!!! lol watch out, now that she knows she'll get free ice cream, she may just do it again!

Three Peas said...

hahahaha That is awesome!!