Monday, December 22, 2008

These are my presents!

So I decided to be on top of things this year and wrap the presents before we get on the plane for Salt Lake. So last night after the gifts were all wrapped I placed them in the bin that I will be checking at the airport. Lexi runs over and says "OOO look at all the presents for me lets open them!"
I said "No Lexi those are all of your cousins presents (not telling the truth hoping that if she thought they were not her's we could drop it) your presents are already at grandma's house" She says
"No mom these are all mine!" I then replied "How do you know they are all yours? Do you know what is in them" She looked at me very matter of fact and stated
"No, but look what it says L-E-X-I! That's me mom its for LEXI!" I then had to back track and explain that we have to wait for Christmas and that all of the presents do say her name due to the fact that some of them are from her dad and I and the others are hers but that she couldn't have them for a few more days. She was not at all satisfied with this answer and continued to ask me every half an hour if it was now time to open the presents. I guess in the future I will not fib, especially since I received the same outcome that I would have if I would have told her the whole truth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is going to be a GREAT Christmas !!!!!!!!!!1