Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It is my special day

Lexi says to me a few days ago.
L:"Hey Mom do you know my birthday is January 13th??"
M:"Yes Lexi, do you know that January 13th is next Tuesday?"
L:"OOOO next Tuesday it will be my special day!"
M: "What kind of cake would you like?"
L: "A tower with pink...oh and Orange and white and Pink and Blue ice cream!"
M: "Lexi I am not sure they have ice cream that is all of those colors but we can see what we find. What flavor do you want your cake, chocolate, vanilla??"
L: "Not a flavor mama, tower, you know how Dora saves the snow princess, she is locked in a tower by the mean witch! But then we saved the day!"
L: "I am so excited!!"
M: "me too Lexi"
L: "Hey mom, is it next Tuesday yet?"

After I tried to explain that Tuesday is a few days away and she kept asking more questions I decided it was best to let her know Next Tuesday that it was in fact next Tuesday and her special day!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

YAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEXI, next Tuesday! Grandma and Grandpa have a present coming, but it may be late. It's sitting here unwrapped...sorry. Maybe Grandpa can bring it when he comes. :) or I'll mail it so it will get there sooner. 3 YEARS OLD!!

Annie said...

Good luck with that cake and ice cream, Jess! Let me know how you do it, or how you get out of doing it :) Happy birthday, favorite niece! We miss you already!

Three Peas said...

Good to know she has reasonable expectations.