Sunday, December 14, 2008

Crazy English Lady in a Christmas sweater

Lexi and I were doing a little shopping in Target yesterday,I parked the cart next to a rack and began to look through to see if there was anything good when she started playing as we do:
L: "Mom are you spongebob, or Mr. Crabs?"
M: "Well Lexi who would you like me to be"
L: "I think you are Mr. Crabs"
M: "Perfect I will be Mr. Crabs, Who are you"
At this point I look back at her and she is staring at an older lady and asks
L: "Will you be patrick?" the lady replies "Sure"
My first though was she must have grandchildren, which was later confirmed
Lexi then says : "That is a pretty sweater" the Lady replies "Thank you it is my christmas sweater, what language do you speak" I then thought:
What do you mean what Language do you speak...didn't you just hear her talk? but I then said
"Lexi do we speak English?" then look at her and said "she is two" Lexi smiled and giggled and said "aaahh English" then the lady said "I am English, from England...and do you know santa brings presents to england too, he goes there first and children in England get much better presents than children in American" at this point Lexi is just staring really having no idea what the crazy women is talking about, and I for the first time ever am relieved that she is too young to understand. I then said "Oh Lexi I think we need to go to your section and see what we can find for you" I then politely smiled at the woman and quickly walked away. You have gotta love the holidays!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes !!!!!!!!!!!

Annie said...

Are you SO serious? What a freak! Who would say that to a child? Is she trying to ruin your afternoon? Maybe you should shop at Wal-Mart. There are NO crazy people there ;)

Tammy said...

...Grandma got run over by a reindeer...

Anonymous said...

or a BMW

Three Peas said...

Oh my gosh! I don't even know what to say to that. Patrick needs to go back to England and leave the American children alone.