Monday, February 16, 2009

How I know my child is truely my husbands daughter (as if there were any doubt)

Tim is really great with the girls...I really cannot compete I am just not as fun! There are some moments when Lexi does really goofy things and people just give me a funny look, but then I have to explain that Tim has created one of his goofy great games and that is how they play. One of the strangest is when they steal body parts from each other (noses, ears, the occasional limb) and eat them. They then determine if the part the other has stolen is worth wrestling over to get back or if it tastes good enough not to fake spit it out. Very strange I know...

so this weekend when Steve was here Lexi saw his tape measure and says "hey grandpa how bout my nose" Steve gives me a strange look and I have to explain that some times Tim will pull out the tape measure to measure her height...this eventually turns into measuring noses and ears...really kind of funny!

So this evening Lexi comes over and says
L: "Mommy my arm hurts!!"
M: "what is wrong with it"
L: "I don't know do you think we need to cut it off?"
M: "I am not sure Lexi how bad does it hurt?"
L: "hmm not sure but dad says only you or him can cut it off!"
Yet another fun game...Thanks honey, she has such a great imagination!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh my gosh! lol Kids are so literal sometimes. Maybe that is why she cut her hair! Keep the sharp objects away. ;) By the way...thanks for a wonderful visit. We had a great time and it was so wonderful to hold that precious little baby!

Annie said...

Agh!! Lol. I justtotally love her!